Daily we witness the evolution of products we’ve known, loved, and used for decades go the way of the dinosaur and become obsolete. Last year the list of “going, going, gone” included:
- Bar soap – replaced by liquid body wash (the dirty little secret here is body wash slips through your fingers and down the drain – no bar of soap would abandon you like that in the shower.)
- Margarine – turns out our taste buds crave the smooth, full-fat taste of natural dairy products. Yum.
- Powder detergent – pacs and pods are taking center stage in the laundry room.
- Cellophane-wrapped processed cheese – soon the aerosol can and cello-pac fake cheese will disappear, replaced by natural cheese in slabs, slices, and chunks. Yum.
- Ground coffee in a can is losing ground (pun intended). Now those little pods slip into a slot, you push a button, and moments later fresh coffee glides into your favorite mug. No more spent grounds to pitch and stained coffee pots to clean.
- Rechargeable batteries and an array of charger cords have taken the zing out of the alkaline variety.
- Frozen juice in those sticky little cans in the freezer section has been replaced by blender recipes for all-natural drinks made with water, spinach, lemon, and turmeric. Yum?
So, if you see any of your “favs” on this list, you need to spring into action and start hoarding – oops – really meant stockpiling. Look at your favorite store first – then “straight on through the choppers” to the internet.